Question from Dragica:
I would like to volunteer tax preparation in my city West Palm Beach FL 33409. What should I do, please?
I have filled out some application online. What is the next step? What about the training sites and dates?
Thank you for helping me out.
- Your information is forwarded to the National Office of VITA.
- From there it is routed to the IRS office which is most appropriate for your city.
- The appropriate message will also go to the IRS relationship manager
- A copy of the question that you provided is also going to the National Office of VITA
- If you do not get an answer in a week, alternative steps to take are a) resend the information again b) contact your local IRS office c) try the IRS toll free number 1-800-829-1040.
- As to the dates and training times, these are determined by VITA in the local IRS office.
Hope this answers your questions. Please feel fee to add a comment to this post, and if there are any additional questions, it will be answered here.